[ISLMA-Share] Library renovation

Mon Apr 4 10:58:45 CDT 2016

I am hearing talk in my district about some basic library renovation.  I
would like feedback on 2 items:

Floor:  laminate?  (wood look--laid over existing carpet)  vs.
 carpet/industrial carpet tile

Shelving:  height for Jr/Sr high school (Talk is of cutting tall shelving
in half to make back to back shelving.  Currently all of my shelving is
tall, but reachable, and against the walls, with an additional 2 free
standing units)

I HAVE NOT been asked about these renovations and am getting nervous about
what might be some big mistakes.  Then again, I may be back in the
classroom next year and the library would run with an aide or not at all.

Please give me thoughts on your own experiences.  I don't see low shelving
units in a HS as being desirable.

Connie

--
Connie Workman