[ISLMA-Share] Workshop on Libraries Serving Those on the Autism Spectrum (date correction)

Mon Apr 4 15:08:24 CDT 2016

The Illinois Heartland Library System (IHLS) is pleased to be offering a workshop focused on concerns and issues that are likely to arise for libraries as we serve patrons and students challenged by the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).  The workshop will also include information on the Illinois State Library's "Targeting Autism" project.

The presenter will be Russell J. Bonanno, who served most recently as the State Director of the Autism Program of Illinois.  Russ has served on the Illinois Autism Task Force, the Governor's Office of Health Innovation and Transformation workgroup on workforce development, as well as the conference committees of The Arc of Illinois and the Illinois Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics.

Professional Development hours will be awarded to school librarians participating.

In order to reach as many attendees as possible, the workshop will be offered twice:  On April 22nd and April 29th

On April 22nd, Mr. Bonnano will be at our Edwardsville Office with VTEL (videoconferencing)  locations available at our hubs in Champaign and DuQuoin, as well as the Effingham Public Library and the Illinois State Library.
On April 29th, Mr. Bonnano will be at our DuQuoin Office, with VTEL  locations available at our hubs in Edwardsville and Champaign, as well as the Effingham Public Library and the Illinois State Library.

Each session will begin at 10:00 a.m. and conclude at noon.

To register, go to Library Learning at http://www.librarylearning.info

If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact:

Julia Pernicka at 618/656-3216 ext. 442 or jpernicka at illinoisheartland.org<mailto:jpernicka at illinoisheartland.org>
Ellen Popit at 618/985-3711, ext. 624 or epopit at illinoisheartland.org<mailto:epopit at illinoisheartland.org>

Ellen Popit
Membership and Grants Director