[ISLMA-Share] Alternatives to H.P. Lovecraft for a fifth grader

Tue Apr 5 13:10:03 CDT 2016

I have a fifth grader who only wants to read books by H.P. Lovecraft. We
have a few graphic novels available at the high school, but as they are
listed as YA, I have chosen not to get them for him.

I'm not familiar with H.P. Lovecraft's work and as far as the classroom
teacher and I know, his mom is not necessarily aware of his interest in
this literature.

Do you have any suggestions for books along the lines of H.P. Lovecraft but
more appropriate for a fifth grader? I'm not worried about reading level as
much as I am about the content.

Thank you!

Pam

--