[ISLMA-Share] Dead Space

Mon Apr 11 09:37:10 CDT 2016

We have 3 doors and lock the one we can't see from the outside  - we tell the kids that they can go out that door but can't come in due to our safety plan. It works...

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 9:07 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Dead Space

Happy Monday Morning!!

Currently in my high school library I have two doors that students can enter into the library. One on the South end and one on the North end.

My North end library doors are blocked behind a wall, and that area becomes absolutely dead to me. I don't really want to encourage students to that area, as we cannot see them unless we are right on top of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as what to do with dead space in their library, as in space that cannot be supervised at all times?

Thanks so much!

Amy Stefanski
District Libranian
Dunlap School District
astefanski at dunlapcusd.net<mailto:astefanski at dunlapcusd.net>
@LibranSki    @AmyNSTEM

Disclaimer: Your transmission of electronic mail to this address represents your consent to two-way communication by Internet e-mail. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer on which it exists.