[ISLMA-Share] Dead Space

Mon Apr 11 14:09:26 CDT 2016

Could you ask that a window or an opening be cut into the wall so that you can see that space?

Laura H. Meehan
Licensed Teacher/Librarian
Thurgood Marshall School
Rockford, IL
School:  815-490-5400 l 34009
meehanl at rps205.com<mailto:meehanl at rps205.com>

Finished reading:  Crossover by Kwame Alexander
Currently reading:  The story of Owen :  dragon slayer  of Trondheim by E.K. Johnston
Reading next:  Rump :  the true story of Rumpelstiltskin by Liesl Shurtliff

From: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association [mailto:islma at list.railslibraries.info]
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 9:07 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Dead Space

Happy Monday Morning!!

Currently in my high school library I have two doors that students can enter into the library. One on the South end and one on the North end.

My North end library doors are blocked behind a wall, and that area becomes absolutely dead to me. I don't really want to encourage students to that area, as we cannot see them unless we are right on top of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as what to do with dead space in their library, as in space that cannot be supervised at all times?

Thanks so much!

Amy Stefanski
District Libranian
Dunlap School District
astefanski at dunlapcusd.net<mailto:astefanski at dunlapcusd.net>
@LibranSki    @AmyNSTEM

Disclaimer: Your transmission of electronic mail to this address represents your consent to two-way communication by Internet e-mail. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer on which it exists.