[ISLMA-Share] GHS Silent Library Highlight Reel

Fri Apr 15 14:01:00 CDT 2016

Here are the Silent Library tasks.  We got through all of them in about 40-45 minutes.  We did have a helper/judge for each table to transition smoothly and judge noise levels.  We had room for 6 tables of 4 kids each.

Silent Library Challenges

24 small bottles of water (in anticipation of food related challenges)
Silent Library Cards (18 with safe, 6 with skull)

Got the Willies?
Each teammate will give the contestant a wet willie.

Plucked-6 tweezers
The contestant must endure a hair being plucked from each eyebrow from a fellow teammate.

Pudding Cup-6 pudding cups
The contestant must eat an entire pudding cup in 60 secs. without using a spoon.

Toe Signature-6 markers, 6 large sheets of paper
The contestant must write full name (first, middle, and last) with toes and marker in 30 secs.

Mayo Cone-6 ice cream cones filled with mayonnaise, chocolate sauce, and sprinkles—large garbage can in case of pukers
The contestant must eat the ice cream cone.

Unwrap Hand-icap-5 Hershey kisses at each table/6 pairs of gloves or tube socks
The contestant must unwrap 5 Hershey kisses while wearing gloves or socks within 60 secs.

Goin’ Fishin’-6 headbands with dangling Swedish fish
The contestant must wear a headband with Swedish fish attached and eat them without using their hands.

Chinese Cheerios-pile of Cheerios per table/6 chopsticks
The contestant must stack the Cheerios using chopsticks.  Must stack 7 Cheerios in 30 secs.

Lemon Squeeze-2 lemons cut into quarters
The contestant must stuff a quarter lemon in their mouth and grin for 15 secs.

Balloon Bash-12 balloons
The contestant must blow up a balloon, tie it, and break it by sitting on it.

Ring Toss-Pretzel rings and 6 popsicle sticks
The contestant will lie on the ground with a popsicle stick in his/her mouth.  Teammates will stand at contestant’s feet and toss pretzel rings around the stick.  Team has 60 secs to catch 3 rings.

Wasabi Peas-10 wasabi peas each in 6 small cups
The contestant must eat 10 peas in 30 secs.

Thrilling-video for screen
Contestant must dance along to the video of Thriller by Michael Jackson.

Head Stand
The contestant must hold a headstand for 10 secs.

Jeanne Brucher
Teacher-Librarian
jbrucher at geneseoschools.org <mailto:jbrucher at geneseoschools.org>
Geneseo Middle School (309) 945-0524