[ISLMA-Share] Dale Carnegie Quote Source?

Wed Apr 20 10:30:22 CDT 2016

I’m stumped.

I have a teacher working on a degree who has written a paper with a quote in it.  For APA, he needs the page number the quote appeared on (which he apparently forgot to write down). Does anyone have any advice on how to find this when we don’t have the book? Google searching brings up a couple full-text results but they are retyped and not paginated. Quote sites are not cited properly, of course.

From How to Stop Worrying And Start Living by Dale Carnegie, 1948. The quote is, “If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities. The thing is to get the work done.”

Thanks!

Gail Guzman, Librarian
TF South High School