[ISLMA-Share] Using Destiny for tech equipment

Thu Apr 21 09:31:27 CDT 2016

We use it that way. It helps remind people what they've stuck in the back
of a drawer, etc., and lets you know where to start your search at
inventory. For carts of laptops or iPads, we catalog each item and in the
Notes put the barcode of the cart it belongs to. Then you check out the
cart without having to scan every item. (list all the items that belong to
the cart in the cart's Note).

Chris Wilson

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I do use it for all of our equipment, as long as things are scanned when
> they are returned from being checked out then it doesn’t effect inventory.

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson,  Media Assistant
Avon Center School
CCSD 46

*Home of the Novas *
1617 N. Route 83
Round Lake Beach, IL  60073

847.543.5509
wilson.christine at d46. <http://wilson.christine@d46.k12.il.us>org

*Please consider the environment before printing this email *