[ISLMA-Share] (ISLMA-Share) Open eBooks

Mon Apr 25 13:08:15 CDT 2016

I don't have experience yet, but I'll be piloting Open eBooks in one
classroom - I hope to gain some practical knowledge before suggesting it
for our whole district.  Between getting approval, getting the app
installed, my schedule (multiple buildings), and PARCC, it's taking just a
teeny bit longer than expected to get started (surprise!).  However, the
teacher and I are sharing a google doc and brainstorming questions that we
want to answer; when I have something to report, I can share our info.

In the meantime, if you'd like to contact me off-list at
snarkis at berkeley.org, please do!

Susie Narkis
District Librarian, Berkeley School District 87
(708) 449-3262 (MacArthur Middle School)
snarkis at berkeley87.org

Currently re-reading: The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hello,
> I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the free Open eBooks?
> One of my schools qualifies for it and I'd like to share it with my
> teachers so they can sign up for the codes and PIN combinations for each of
> their students. We have about 580 students in the building. I don't want to
> pass any cost along to the students or the school and I noticed in the
> information it says, "Limit 500 access codes per order. When using the app,
> standard data rates apply." I'm looking for advice about the program and
> how to manage it.
> https://www.fbmarketplace.org/openebooks
>
> TIA!
>
> Vicki Hall
> Middle School Librarian
> Springfield Public Schools #186
> Springfield, IL

*This email message is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.Communication sent or
received by Berkeley School District 87 may be subject to inspection under
the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). *