[ISLMA-Share] World Book vs Britannica

Tue Apr 26 08:20:42 CDT 2016

A couple of years ago, we got free trial sessions and had students and
teachers try them out.  (If time allows, you could do that, too.)  In
general, elementary preferred World Book and middle school preferred
Britannica.

Do you have a Spanish-speaking population who will be using the database?
If so: Britannica (Escolar Online) was highly preferred over World Book
(Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos).  Our ESL teachers felt the amount and
quality of information was much better, and it seemed like the articles
were written in Spanish, as opposed to being translated into Spanish.

Susie Narkis
District Librarian, Berkeley School District 87
(708) 449-3262 (MacArthur Middle School)
snarkis at berkeley87.org

Currently reading: The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hi –
>

> I’m looking into World Book.
>

> Anyone offer thoughts as to how they like World Book Online? And wondering
> if anyone has any thoughts on World Book vs Britannica School?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Amy Stefanski
>
> District Libranian
> Dunlap School District
>
> astefanski at dunlapcusd.net
>
> @LibranSki    @AmyNSTEM

*This email message is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.Communication sent or
received by Berkeley School District 87 may be subject to inspection under
the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). *