[ISLMA-Share] eRead Illinois in JH and High School

Gibbs, Marji gibbsm at salemhigh.com
Tue Apr 26 13:12:29 CDT 2016

We are a HS-only district using 3M Cloud Library, which fits well with our
1:1 ipads. We opted not to use permission slips. We do use the YA filter
that Lesley set up for Cloud Library. There was not a lot of set-up on my
part for the filtering-- it's all handled through Cloud Library by Polaris
patron code. It's worked very well for high school. Students have not
complained at all about the filtered selection. At first last year,  I ran
a Polaris report to see what ebooks were checked out, but all seemed fine
so I don't run it  any more.

Lesley at Eread Illinois has been so helpful about setting up! If you are
in IL Heartland, just contact her. It's been a really affordable option.
Sometimes students mumble about the wait list but there are a LOT of books
from which to choose.

To soften the news about end-of-the-year book turn-in, we have been saying
"Your print books will be due soon for the end of the year, but you can
keep checking out your ebooks now & all summer."

Marji Gibbs            gibbsm at salemhigh.com
Salem Community High School Media Center
1200 N. Broadway Salem IL 62881
618/548-0727 Fax 618/548-0727
www.salemhigh.com/mc/index.htm

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library