[ISLMA-Share] Evaluators

Carolyn Kinsella ckinsella at mchs.net
Thu Apr 28 08:06:50 CDT 2016

I have been on my district's evaluation committee for years and there are
recent state changes.  Illinois does not require an administration (type
75) certificate for someone to evaluate. It only requires that the
evaluator has successfully completed the online training.  In fact, the
wording in the current evaluation plan in my district under Qualified
Evaluators states, "A qualified evaluator is defined as a
district-appointed administrator or teacher who has successfully completed
the state teacher evaluation training requirements."

Because the state training has nothing (or very little) about non-classroom
teachers, I have worked very hard to make sure that the evaluators use
appropriate rubrics and protocol for non-classroom teachers, which of
course includes librarians.  Email me off list if you would like more
information.

Carolyn Kinsella, District Librarian
Minooka Community High School
ckinsella at mchs.net

Central Campus
301 S. Wabena Ave.
Minooka, IL  60447
PH: 815-467-2140 ext. 142

South Campus
26655 West Eames
Channahon, IL 60410
PH:  815-521-4217

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 7:32 AM, Linda Polak <polakl at sunsetridge29.org>
wrote:

> Mornin'
>
> I'm looking for information that lists the requirements to be a teacher
> evaluator.
>
> My admin. seems to think that as long as a person takes the modules and is
> part of the administration team,  that that is all they is need to
> evaluate...including evaluating me.
>
> Doesn't the person have to have a type 75?
>
> Can anyone tell me where this is spelled out?
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Linda
> *Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought*
> *and the thought has found words. *
> *~ Robt. Frost (1874-1963)*
> Linda M. Polak, MLIS
> Director of Library/Information Services
> Sunset Ridge School (Grades 4-8)
> 525 Sunset Ridge Road
> Northfield, IL 60093
> polakl at sunsetridge29.org
> (847-881-9449)
> Fax: 847-446-6388
>

> *This e-mail message contains information that may be privileged
> or confidential and is the property of the Sunset Ridge School District. It
> is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not
> the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read,
> print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any
> part thereof. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
> sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.*

This message originates from Minooka Community High School District #111.
It contains information that is confidential or privileged and is intended
only for the individual or entity named above. It is prohibited for anyone
else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the contents of this message. All
personal messages express views solely of the sender, which are not to be
attributed to MCHS District #111, and may not be copied or distributed
without this disclaimer. If you received this message by mistake, please
notify us immediately at 815-521-4017