[ISLMA-Share] Reading golas

Tue Aug 2 21:43:25 CDT 2016

We took a page from the book whisperer last year and gave all the 6th
graders a goal of 30 books for the year.

They panicked at the start, but it worked out wonderfully.  Not all read
30, but they all read more than they have ever read in a year.

We conferenced to keep them accountable and we did book talks, share outs,
and counted unit books to keep them motivated.

On Aug 2, 2016 9:11 PM, "Email list for the Illinois School Library Media
Association" <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Katie,
>
> Please share specifics with me! Thanks!!!
>
> Dguccione at ppcusd8.org
>

> On Tuesday, August 2, 2016, Email list for the Illinois School Library
>>
>> Yes, I conference with students every month and have them set reading
goals and then talk about the previous and upcoming months. It has been a
great way to connect with students and support them in your reading
journey. I'm happy to share more specifics if you'd like.