[ISLMA-Share] My apologies

Thu Aug 11 10:12:09 CDT 2016

I want to apologize for upsetting so many of you.

I truly value your opinion and unfortunately I should have censored my own
remarks.

I take censorship very seriously and did read the book the book in
question. My checkout stats of this book won't support me keeping it and
that's the most nonobjective way for me to figure out how to cut my
collection down.

Someone mentioned *Rain Reign. *It's a very good book and is supported by
 AANE network and I checked the site before ordering this book.
http://www.aanenetwork.org/blog/can-fiction-accurately-portray-aspergers-and-autism

I never meant to insult the nominating process or anyone who works
extremely hard on these committees.

I hope you all can accept my apologies and my promise to be more sensitive
in my future correspondence.

Humbly yours,

Linda

“Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and
August.”
—Jenny Han, *The Summer I Turned Pretty*
Linda M. Polak, MLIS
Director of Library/Information Services
Sunset Ridge School (Grades 4-8)
525 Sunset Ridge Road
Northfield, IL 60093
polakl at sunsetridge29.org
(847-881-9449)
Fax: 847-446-6388

--
*This e-mail message contains information that may be privileged
or confidential and is the property of the Sunset Ridge School District. It