[ISLMA-Share] YA books in junior high

Tue Aug 16 14:41:41 CDT 2016

We are a 5-8 Middle School.  Students in 5th and 6th need a YA form to check out YA books.  Once the sheets are signed we up a "YES" in a Destiny field marked YA form returned.

Attached is the form we've used for years.

Have a great day,
Michelle

Michelle Fiorini
Library Media Center Director
Benjamin Middle School
LMC HomePage: http://bms-bsd25-il.schoolloop.com/lmc

 From:   Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
 To:   <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
 Sent:   8/16/2016 12:29 PM
 Subject:   [ISLMA-Share] YA books in junior high

Hello everyone!
I am the new LRC Director at a junior high (6-8), and since this is my first LRC position, I have a question for you all.

Our library has a YA section. In order for books to be checked out from that section, the students need to have a signed parent permission form in file. I have been asked to review/revise the form, as it seems to be too vague.

Does anyone currently have a permission form like this in place? Are there specific things/topics that should be listed on the form?

I'm attaching the form, any input will be greatly appreciated!

Sofy

 Sofía Huitrón
 LRC Director, Grove Junior High School
 847-472-3022  | huitron.sofia at ccsd59.org  | www.ccsd59.org

"We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

 Get a signature like this: Click here!