[ISLMA-Share] past issues of magazines

Wed Aug 17 09:35:35 CDT 2016

Some of my teachers take them for their classrooms.  They use them for
projects and for when students have free reading times.  Some students are
more apt to pick up a magazine than a book.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Since the use of magazines here is primarily for recreational reading, i'm
> not seeing the point of keeping back issues.  What do you do with yours?  I
> was thinking of either charging a very small sum for them (a quarter?) or
> just flat out giving them away.  I figure either way if they're taken,
> reading is taking place and that's a good thing.  Thanks for your input!
>
> --
> Chuck Atteberry
> Roanoke-Benson High School
>
> "Work with the living and bring the dead to life."  -author unknown

*Rachel Bielby, MLIS*
Librarian
Sacred Heart-Griffin High School
Springfield, IL 62702