[ISLMA-Share] Destiny Emails

Mon Aug 22 11:57:39 CDT 2016

I send out "friendly reminders" that library class is the next day to the
parents of PreK - 5th graders.  This has helped tremendously get the books
back on time.  Middle school students get their own "friendly reminders"
via their school email address to protect their privacy.

Overdue notices go out every week until the book is returned.

I send personal emails to parents whose kids have lost their library
book/s, including the middle school students.

Destiny has pre-written reminders but I changed mine to reflect a more
friendly and personal reminder.  So each week I have a different reminder,
i.e., Friendly Reminder that your library books is due tomorrow," "You must
be loving your library book because it is overdue!"

I try to make my reminders friendly as possible.

I wish I could charge late fees, but that's not possible.  I can only
charge for lost books.

Good luck with this!

Happily Ever After,

*Karrie Fisher*
Library Director &
Photography Teacher

*"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks
about education."  -- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education*

*Baker Demonstration School*
201 Sheridan Road | Wilmette, Illinois 60091
t: 847-425-5800 | f: 847-425-5801

*Love to Learn, Cherish the Journey, Serve the World**
<http://bakerdemschool.org>
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baker-Demonstration-School/92910953966>
<https://twitter.com/BakerDem>* <https://instagram.com/bakerdem/>