[ISLMA-Share] Maker Space Lessons

Sun Aug 28 18:18:46 CDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

So this year my administrators came to me and asked me to try to get some
makerspace activity happening in the elementary school libraries.  I
thought about it and decided to use the Monarch books as a base for
creating lessons that the elementary school library staff can use to
accomplish it.

I didn't want to interfere with them being able to circulate, so I wrote a
LBSS grant for a set of Monarchs and was a recipient.  I know that many
school librarians would love to have some makerspace in their buildings but
are not sure how to start, so I thought I would share them with everyone.

The are posted on the Wiki in discussions if anyone is interested in taking
a look.  Even in my district, we will be lucky to get through half.  They
are all there but "Goldy Luck and the Three Pandas"...It will be there
soon, though.

Please let me know if you come up with anything better for them.  I would
love to here from the list with better ideas if you have them!

Thanks,

Dawn Scuderi
Hadley Middle School
Homer Glen, IL