[ISLMA-Share] Maker Space Lessons

Sun Aug 28 20:04:14 CDT 2016

Hi,
I am having a hard time finding the makerspace activities.  Can you send me
the link?
condond at ccsd15.net
Thanks

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 6:18 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hi Everyone,
>
> So this year my administrators came to me and asked me to try to get some
> makerspace activity happening in the elementary school libraries.  I
> thought about it and decided to use the Monarch books as a base for
> creating lessons that the elementary school library staff can use to
> accomplish it.
>
> I didn't want to interfere with them being able to circulate, so I wrote a
> LBSS grant for a set of Monarchs and was a recipient.  I know that many
> school librarians would love to have some makerspace in their buildings but
> are not sure how to start, so I thought I would share them with everyone.
>
> The are posted on the Wiki in discussions if anyone is interested in
> taking a look.  Even in my district, we will be lucky to get through half.
> They are all there but "Goldy Luck and the Three Pandas"...It will be there
> soon, though.
>
> Please let me know if you come up with anything better for them.  I would
> love to here from the list with better ideas if you have them!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dawn Scuderi
> Hadley Middle School
> Homer Glen, IL

Devonna Condon
LRC - Winston Campus Elementary
847-963-7415

Currently reading:
My Diary from the Edge of the World (Children's Fiction)
Carry On, Warrior:  By, Glennon Doyle Melton
<http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/carry-on-warrior-glennon-melton/1113185341>