[ISLMA-Share] Free books to good homes!

Tue Aug 30 07:43:00 CDT 2016

Good morning, everyone!
I am proud to say I get to play Santa Claus again. I have a student group in one of our social justice classes putting together a HUGE book drive for new and gently used children's books and middle grade books. The students learned about the terrible budgeting issues (lack of money and worse, lack of any proper budget passed) and wanted to be sure that kids got the books they needed to improve their reading. These kids are also in my school book club.

We anticipate having enough for at least one grade school and one middle school. We would like to donate these to a school in need local to our school in south Chicago. We would be happy to work with any suburb or Chicago school or private school. The kids will have the book drive, sort all the material (with my assistance) into general grade levels and we can deliver things if they are truly local or we can box them up for a school further away to come and pick them up.

I am reaching out to all of you to ask... Who needs books in this age range? What schools in your communities have need and would welcome this sort of donation? Please email me directly at the below email and start a list of those who have need. Give me the necessary contact info for you or for the library so I can reach out and make a firm plan to get these books to you.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Kristen Rademacher
Librarian
Eco Club Director