[ISLMA-Share] Barcode Reader Commands to do Two Fields at Once

Tue Aug 30 13:35:41 CDT 2016

Hey all,

Quick question. Has anyone been able to create a barcode in 3 of 9 that will fill in two fields at once?

Here’s what I’m trying to do. Destiny automatically logs off after 45 minutes. We also are so understaffed that we are forced to use self-check in/out. What I’m hoping to do is set it up so any student can log into Destiny by just zapping a single barcode that will fill in the 2 fields at once. No keyboard or mouse required.

When I googled how to do it, what I found didn’t work. According to the websites I found it should be *username$Ipassword* so it will look something like this *username$Ipassword* (if you have Barcode 39 as a font it will appear). The $I means tab. Yet it didn’t work. After searching some more it looks like I may need the Extended 39 commands on the scanner (which is not in the owner’s manual of for our barcode readers).

I have the barcode reader set to stay on (completely handsfree) and the automatic carriage return is on. I managed to get Chrome to forget the old username, so that is blank. Right now, I get it to enter it all on one line. Then it comes back to the log in (blank of course).

Well, anyone know how to do this?

Sincerely,

Alan, Librarian serving Brooks Middle School

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks about education."
- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education

This message is for named person(s) only. It may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost should mis-transmission occur. If you receive this message
in error, delete it (and all copies) and notify the sender. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
of this message if you are not the intended recipient.  Valley View Public
School District 365U reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks.Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender
is authorized to state them to the views of any such entity.  This e-mail has
been virus and content scanned by Valley View Public School District 365U.