[ISLMA-Share] storing posters

Tue Aug 30 14:41:32 CDT 2016

I have a question about poster storage and am hoping a few of you will have
some good ideas that I can borrow. We have renovated our school and my new
storage room is much (MUCH) smaller than my old one. My old library had big
picture windows to hallways on both sides of the room, and I decorated the
windows like they were bulletin boards with posters and such.

For the remodel, I had to give away a wooden map cabinet that I used for
storing posters and decorations. I am sure it was I am sure it was donated
to the school library many years ago, and I loved it, but was just too big
and square and would take up too much space in my new area.

After 10 years of collecting, and giving away many posters to students and
teachers last spring, I still have a good stash of posters of various sizes
that I'd like to store flat & not rolled up. Anybody have any ideas on how
to do this, and how to store them? I do have a legal size file cabinet that
I saved that I can put some of them in, but not sure that's the best option
either.  If you have posters for the library, where do you store yours?

Thanks!
Pam

*Pamela Huff*
Teacher/Librarian