[ISLMA-Share] Library Anxiety Survey

Wed Aug 31 14:31:09 CDT 2016

One of the best ways to prepare your AP students for the "library anxiety" of college is to give them truly challenging research projects that require them to use library resources when they are in high school.  If you are already sharing the article with teachers, you have opened the door to a tremendous opportunity to collaborate--not only with your AP teachers but also with your public library, which will likely have more resources that are similar to the resources your students will encounter in college.

Lauren Collen, MLIS

Librarian

Machesney Elementary

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association [islma at list.railslibraries.info]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 11:52 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Library Anxiety Survey

I've recently been discussing library anxiety with some teachers.  We'd like to work on reducing anxiety among our AP students to better prepare them for college.  Does anyone have a library anxiety survey they give to high school students? Google is failing me on this one, unless I want to buy an article.

If you're not familiar with the concept of library anxiety, this is the article that piqued my interest (not necessarily scholarly, but informative).
http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-strange-affliction-of-library-anxiety-and-what-librarians-do-to-help

Gail Meyer, Librarian
TF South High School
gmeyer at tfd215.org