[ISLMA-Share] ISBE/ESSA Listening tour - Aurora

Fri Dec 2 09:07:23 CST 2016

Good Morning

Last night I attended the listening tour in Aurora along with 3 other librarians.

Here is my take away; I am sure the others can add more.

- The deadline for the final copy of ESSA is now April 3 rather than March 3.

- Of the 5 people that gave testimony, 3 were School Librarians!!  The others were an ELL representative, and a Superintendent. Each librarian covered a little bit different topic.  It was awesome!!  All 3 speakers did an amazing job! Very heartfelt.

-There were approximately 40 or so people  in the room, (give or take a few)  and the biggest point of discussion were "Indicators" and goals.

-Please email any remarks that you have to essa at isbe.net The presenter said they will take anything, and  that she sees all of the emails and remarks that come in.

I would say it was a successful stop on the tour!  I didn't speak, as we were well represented, so I emailed my remarks to ISBE.

Thanks!

Christine Barr
LMC Director
Fabyan Elementary School