[ISLMA-Share] Books like 1984

Wed Dec 7 08:53:00 CST 2016

Little Brother and/or Homeland by Cory Doctorow

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Unwind, by Neil Schusterman?
>
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library
> Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>

>> I am collaborating with our AP Computer Science teacher to develop a
>> lit-based unit for after the AP test in May. Besides 1984, we are looking
>> for a book with a lot of tech/sci-fi that addresses dependency, privacy,
>> hacking, and/or government or corporate control?
>>

>> Other titles we came up with:
>>
>> Feed by M.T. Anderson
>> Little Brother & Homeland by Cory Doctorow
>>
>> Any others we are missing?
>>

>> Gretchen Zaitzeff
>> Librarian
>> University High School
>> Normal, IL

> 'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
> you have WebMD?'
>
> Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com
>

> Christine Wilson,  Media Assistant
> Avon Center School
> CCSD 46
>

> *Home of the Novas *
> 1617 N. Route 83
> Round Lake Beach, IL  60073
>
> 847.543.5509 <(847)%20543-5509>
> wilson.christine at d46. <http://wilson.christine@d46.k12.il.us>org
>

> *Please consider the environment before printing this email *

*Julie Timm*
Serena High School Library
jtimm at unit2.net

This transmission is restricted for use by the intended recipient(s) only.
It may contain confidential and/or privileged information exempt from
disclosure under federal or state law. In the event some other person or
entity receives this transmission, said recipient is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this transmission or its
contents is prohibited. If you should receive this transmission in error,
please notify the original sender by reply email, delete this transmission
and related contents from your system, and destroy any hard copies of this
transmission. Thank you. Serena Community Unit School District 2, Serena, IL