[ISLMA-Share] "Sad" books for middle schools

Tue Dec 20 15:54:19 CST 2016

Hi everyone,

I've got a bunch of 6th and 7th grade girls who have been asking for "sad"
books, so I thought I'd put a list/flyer/something together for them.
What's popular with your middle school students?  I'm thinking of books
like:

See You at Harry's
A Monster Calls
Ways to Live Forever
Mockingbird
Love, Aubrey
Slob
Red Kayak
The Secret Hum of a Daisy
Trouble
The Smell of Old Lady Perfume
Monster

I've read most, but not all - if something doesn't belong, please let me
know!  If I get a bunch of responses, I'll post a summary for everyone.  (I
know there are a lot of sad books relating to WWII; I'm putting those on a
separate list.)

Thanks so much for your thoughts,   :)

Susie Narkis
District Librarian, Berkeley School District 87
(708) 449-3262 (MacArthur Middle School)
snarkis at berkeley87.org

Currently Reading: Into the Lion's Den by Linda Fairstein

--
*This email message is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized