[ISLMA-Share] nominations for Abraham Lincoln Award

Fri Jul 22 14:36:37 CDT 2016

Here are a few that are popular in our library:

The Red Queen
The Wrath and The Dawn
Red Rising
Shadowshaper
Second Impact
To All the Boys I've Loved before
The Hired Girl
The Cure for Dreaming

Gretchen Zaitzeff
University High School
Normal, IL
________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association [islma at list.railslibraries.info]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 8:25 PM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] nominations for Abraham Lincoln Award

Hi colleagues-

I hope this finds you enjoying your summer and reading a good book or two!

I would like to remind you that we are looking for nominations for the Abraham Lincoln Award.
What book are all your students talking about? What book have you really enjoyed recommending?

A reminder that you must be registered for the Award to submit books for nomination.

The book that are nominated must meet the following criteria:
~ Original publication date within the last 5 years
~ Available in hardcover or paperback format
~ Titles must be currently in print available for purchase
~ Author living at time of nomination
~ Only the first book in a series
~ No translations
~ Not on previous Abe Award years' master lists

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful nominations! :)

Katie Kirsch

Abraham Lincoln Steering Committee
Amy V. Bland<mailto:abland at d155.org>, Prairie Ridge
Katie Kirsch<mailto:katielibrarian at gmail.com>, Helen Plum Public