[ISLMA-Share] Famous Chicago Buildings

Wed Jun 1 07:30:57 CDT 2016

My third grade teachers really like the book *Just Add Water: Making the
City of Chicago* by Renee Kreczmer - although it is more history of Chicago
than just buildings.

There is also an Eyewitness Chicago book, but that won't help if you are
looking for in depth information. Once a year or so, I check the gift shops
at both the Chicago Historical Museum and the Architecture Foundation, I
don't usually find much that the typical 3rd grader can read front to back.

Good luck,
Stephanie

Stephanie Stieglitz
MRC Director, The Lane
500 N. Elm St.
Hinsdale, IL 60521
MRC Website <https://sites.google.com/a/d181.org/lanemrc/>

*"For school leaders and school librarians, implementing the CCSS is not
about thinking out of the box. It is about transforming the box itself."  -
*Implementing the Common Core State Standards: The Role of the School
Librarian - Achieve and AASL Action Brief, Nov. 2013

"*I don't believe that libraries should be drab places, where people sit in
silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild
animals as librarians.*" - Monty Python's Flying Circus, series one, show 10

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 9:51 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hi all,
>
> My third grade teachers are looking for “fresh” books that provide
> information about the various buildings in Chicago.  We have some books but
> they have become outdated and the ones that I have found online are just
> too difficult for third graders. Does anyone have any recommendations for
> print resources? Or, we are open to suggestions for online resources you
> love, as well.
>
> TIA,
>
> Tara LaCerra
> Westmoor LRC Director
> BAE, MLIS, NBCT
>

> 31/5/2016
> Disclaimer: This email message is intended only for
> islma at list.railslibraries.info
> and contains information that may be confidential and/or copyright.
> If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply
> email and immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction
> of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
> prohibited. No representation is made that this email or any attachments
> are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the
> responsibility
> of the recipient.

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records
law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school
district officials and staff are public records available to the public and
media upon request. Your email communications may therefore be subject to
public disclosure. Community Consolidated School District 181