[ISLMA-Share] List info

Mary Morgan Ryan mmorganryan at d181.org
Fri Mar 4 16:27:36 CST 2016

I sent a test today from my district Gmail account and did not see it in my
own inbox. In spam, I found Christy's and Lou Ann's posts, but not my own.

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 8:41 PM, Stephanie McKinley-Miller <
bookwormsam at grics.net> wrote:

> Tried again and it works. Thanks Becky for your work on this.
> Stephanie McKinley-Miller
>

> On 3/3/16, 8:32 PM, "Stephanie McKinley-Miller" <bookwormsam at grics.net>
> wrote:
>
> I did not see my post send at 5:15p.m
> Stephanie McKinley-MIller
>

> On 3/3/16, 12:36 PM, "Becky Robinson" <brobinson15 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here is what l got from Brian Smith on some of the issues you have been
> experiencing.
> You are all marked Metoo meaning you should be seeing your own posts. If
> you are not seeing your posts it could be a spam issue. The fix is going to
> depend on the user’s email client and its settings.
>
>  Gmail doesn’t put messages from yourself in your inbox, because
> apparently Google knows what’s best for everyone.  HaHa!!!  ok I'm not
> really laughing.....
>
> Also, there’s an issue that mailing lists (all mailing lists, not just
> ours) have with Yahoo email accounts, at least there was a year or so ago.
> If someone with a yahoo.com <http://yahoo.com/>  account posts to a list,
> the email might not get to any subscriber with a yahoo.com <
> http://yahoo.com/>  account, due to the way Yahoo’s anti-spam works.
> Doesn't that sound fun.  So you might  need to look at your settings for
> your email and spam.
>

> I am keeping a list of people that have told me they are not seeing their
> own posts:
> David
> Caroline
> Bonita
> Anyone else????  Let me know if you fix the issue thru settings and/or
> spam.
> Thanks everyone
>

> Becky
>
> ISLMA Executive Secretary
> P.O. Box 1326
> Galesburg, IL  61402
> 309-341-1099
> brobinson15 at gmail.com

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records
law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school
district officials and staff are public records available to the public and
media upon request. Your email communications may therefore be subject to
public disclosure. Community Consolidated School District 181