[ISLMA-Share] Middle School Reading Incentive

Wed Mar 16 16:52:46 CDT 2016

Hi Amy,
I do a program called A Million Words where I challenge the kids to read
one million (or more) words in a three month period.
Last year we had four kids read over 5 million words. It's fun! It has just
the right amount of appeal for some friendly competition between students
and also between LA classes.

This is a web-based program developed by a tech in a nearby school
district. It costs about $250 for him to set up the program for your
school, but after that it's yours and you have it forever.

If you want more info, please email me.

Regards,
Sally

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Does anyone do a whole school reading incentive for a middle school?
> Looking to do something fun for next year.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Amy
>

> Amy Bendall
>
> Antioch School District 34
>
> District 34 Library Media Director
>
> Antioch, IL

Sally Duffy
Media Resource Center Director
Clarendon Hills Middle School
301 Chicago Ave.
Clarendon Hills, IL 60514
sduffy at d181.org

*"Action without vision is only passing time, vision without action is
merely day dreaming, but vision with action can change the world." *
-Nelson Mandela

--

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records
law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school