[ISLMA-Share] Middle School Reading Incentive

Wed Mar 16 17:49:00 CDT 2016

Hi Amy!

I do.  I am in 5-8 building (384 kids).  I use scholastics free site for
logging minutes.  I set a goal for each month for each grade and then offer
different incentives that are cost effective.  Some of them were me
dressing up in a costume and delivering a treat to their advisories,
 doodle color bookmark, reading time with a soda, extra free time.  Its not
perfect but it has increased some awareness with reading.  Let me know if
you have any other questions or come up with some fun ideas!

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Does anyone do a whole school reading incentive for a middle school?
> Looking to do something fun for next year.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Amy
>

> Amy Bendall
>
> Antioch School District 34
>
> District 34 Library Media Director
>
> Antioch, IL

Deanne Guccione, Librarian
Pleasant Plains Middle School
dguccione at ppcusd8.org
Currently Reading:  Sisters
Just finished:  Mr. Lemoncello's Library Olympics