[ISLMA-Share] Middle School Summer Reading Program

Wed Mar 16 18:28:36 CDT 2016

I am looking to gather data about other middle school's summer reading
programs.

We choose 3 books per grade level off of the Rebecca Caudill book list, and
students are required to take an AR type test the first week of school that
they return on one of the books.  We ensure that there is a variety of
reading levels, interest, available in paperback, and hopefully in an
electronic format and or in Spanish.

Do you offer choice? Do you assess in any way? Do the students get any
bonuses or credit for actually doing the assignment?

Thanks for your suggestions.  My e-mail is below, so please e-mail me
privately, and I will post a summary here, or if you also want all the
information, I will send it to you.

Peace and Blessings,

Jeanne' Aken
District Librarian