[ISLMA-Share] Follett eBooks

Thu Mar 17 13:36:20 CDT 2016

Hi!
I added all of the instructions to my school website, and I created bookmarks with the instructions as well.  I made sure that we handed each kid a bookmark when they checked out a book.  They all have smartphones.  I find reading on a smartphone to be completely obnoxious, but they seem to like it, and the app works well on the phone.  I buy audiobooks, too, which work great on their phones.  I also invited teachers to bring their kids in for a tutorial on using the app.  Teachers told their kids to bring their phones to class that day, and we went through the process together.

Hope that helps!
:)Kristina

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:21 PM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Follett eBooks

Over the past few years, we have purchased a number of eBooks through Follett.  I'm trying to figure out the easiest and most cost-effective way to circulate them. Issuing students iPads or Kindle Fires to take home is out of the question. I had thought the base-line Kindle would be a good alternative (not a theft target, minimal computer access), but the platform doesn't seem to be supported.

How do you handle this?

Thanks -

Chris Wilson

--
'The first rule of Knit Club is nobody talks about Knit Club. The second rule of Knit Club is no Faire Isle sweaters.' T.S. Easton in Boys Don't Knit.

Christine Wilson,  Media Assistant
Avon Center School
CCSD 46

Home of the Novas

1617 N. Route 83
Round Lake Beach, IL  60073

847.543.5509
wilson.christine at d46.<http://wilson.christine@d46.k12.il.us>org

Please save trees. Print only when necessary.

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school district officials and staff are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure.