[ISLMA-Share] Per Capita Grant Purchases

Fri Mar 18 10:05:27 CDT 2016

Hi Amy and all,

Great question about using per capita grant funds to purchase MakerSpace items!

Your School District Library Grant application MUST have been approved for that use of grant funds.  For a MakerSpace area, Library Supplies and/or Library Equipment must have been checked as a proposed use on your application for this to be an allowable expense.

If you only checked Library Materials, Print and Non Print as the proposed use, no, the MakerSpace items would NOT be allowable.

HOWEVER, the person who submitted your application may request an amendment to expand use of your School District Library Grant funds.   Include what you want to purchase and the reason such as how it will be used or expected impact on student learning.  Send the email to school-grant at ilsos.net<mailto:school-grant at ilsos.net>

The FY16 School District Library Grant funds must be obligated from July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2017 and disbursed by August 15, 2017.  You can amend use of the funds anytime, but no later than May 1, 2017.

Please contact Pat Burg at 217-785-1168  or me if you have questions or would like to amend use of your grant funds.

Karen

Karen Egan, LSTA Grants Consultant
Illinois State Library
300 S. Second Street
Springfield, IL   62701

kegan at ilsos.net
Telephone:  217-782-7749 | Fax:  217-782-1877

Jesse White, Secretary of State and State Librarian