[ISLMA-Share] small schools reference section

Tue Mar 22 10:33:22 CDT 2016

I would consider keeping one encyclopedia set, almanacs of various types, dictionary or two at various levels, an atlas of the United States and the world, and any other reference materials that classes use for research.  If the books are old and inaccurate, I would get rid of them.  You might ask your teachers to see what they wished you had.

Laura H. Meehan
Licensed Teacher/Librarian
Thurgood Marshall School
Rockford, IL
School:  815-490-5400 l 34009
meehanl at rps205.com<mailto:meehanl at rps205.com>

Finished reading:  Another day by David Levithan
Currently reading:  Crossover by Kwame Alexander
Reading next:  Rump :  the true story of Rumpelstiltskin by Liesl Shurtliff

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 10:14 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] small schools reference section

I am wondering what small schools actually have in the Reference section.  Our school has about 400 PreK-8 students.  I am looking at my Reference and thinking some of these books are incredibly old!  I feel like getting rid of most of them.  So what do you recommend I keep in Reference?

--
Mrs. Roberta Meyer, Librarian
St. Anthony Grade School

"The Library is the answer.  What's the question?"