[ISLMA-Share] Copyright

Wed Mar 30 10:48:20 CDT 2016

All creative, original works are automatically protected so long as they as
are in tangible form, ie. written down.  Registering the copyright is what
I think you mean, to protect the right to sue for damages in case the
copyright is infringed.

http://copyright.gov/help/faq/index.html
A teacher approached me about possibly of being able to copyright a student
written play.  Any ideas?

--
*Denyse Eagleson*
English Teacher, Librarian, Cross Country Coach
Richland County High School
Olney, Il 62450
DEagleson at rccu1.net

"I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our
society than any other single profession.
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnwooden447009.html>"
John Wooden
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnwooden447009.html>

islma-leave at list.railslibraries.info

--
This e-mail message contains information that may be privileged or
confidential and is the property of the Board of Education of Deerfield

It is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read,
print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any
part thereof. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. Any communication
sent or received by District 109 is a public record and may be subject to
inspection or copying under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).