[ISLMA-Share] Netflix for libraries

Judi Tichacek tichjudi at gmail.com
Mon May 2 11:45:34 CDT 2016

Jessica,
Using Netflix in a school or university library is frowned upon. While many
libraries use and even advertise their subscriptions to Netflix, it falls
outside Netflix's terms of use.

Here's more reading if you're interested in the subject:
http://blog.librarylaw.com/librarylaw/2010/09/using-netflix-in-a-library.html
http://readwrite.com/2010/09/20/netflix_turns_a_blind_eye_to_illegal_use_by_school/

Judi Tichacek
LWN Media Center/ Reference Librarian, Elmhurst College

----
*"You want weapons? We're in a library. Books are the best weapon in the
world. This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself!"
-Doctor Who*