[ISLMA-Share] Checking out books for the summer

Jill Berry jmberry5 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 07:03:00 CDT 2016

This summer my school is going to offer families the option of checking out
up to 10 books for the summer. (I might be crazy, but I can't see keeping
them locked up, especially since a large percentage of my students do not
qualify for a public library card unless they purchase it for about $350.)

Do any of you check out books for the summer?
Please share your guidelines, permission slip, and advice.

There is a blog post about checking out books for the summer at
https://readingbyexample.com/. (May 13, 2016 post)

Thanks for any advice!

Jill Berry
Elm School