[ISLMA-Share] Pirate author

Tue May 17 10:19:47 CDT 2016

I have had both Tom Lichtenheld and Carolyn Crimi visit.  We enjoyed both.
Both are from Illinois.  I would say Tom Lichtenheld was a little more
successful because he had the illustration and the writing side.  Carolyn
Crimi was a little quirkier.  But both were great with elementary kids!

Taryn Hettlinger Parise
Library Learning Center Director
Longfellow School
http://longfellowlib.weebly.com

*Now on Facebook (Longfellow School Library) and Instagram
(@longfellow_library)*

Currently reading: Stella by Starlight

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 2:07 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I second Jennifer's recommendation of Tom Lichtenheld! He spoke to our 2nd
> graders about 4 years ago; was a great presenter...and he IS from IL!
>

> On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> I didn't see an e-mail to reply off list.  He didn't visit our school,
>> but Tom Lichtenheld was one of the authors on Anderson's Bookshop's haunted
>> trolley ride a few years ago.  He dressed like a pirate and read some books
>> in an entertaining way.  He may be from Illinois.  His books are on many
>> topics, but one was Everything I Know about Pirates.
>>
>> Jennifer Bromann-Bender
>> Librarian
>> Lincoln-Way West High School
>> 21701 S. Gougar Rd.
>> New Lenox, IL 60451
>> 815-717-3551
>> jbromann-bender at lw210.org<mailto:jbromann-bender at lw210.org>
>>
>> ________________________________
>> From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [
>> islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the
>> Illinois School Library Media Association [islma at list.railslibraries.info
>> ]
>> Sent: Monday, May 16, 2016 1:00 PM
>> To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
>> Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Pirate author
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>>       Please reply to me off-list if you have ever had a positive
>> experience with an author who visited your school who has written a book
>> with a pirate theme.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>>  Gayl Dasher Smith, MLS, NBCT
>> Library Media Center Director
>> Gombert Elementary School
>> 2707 Ridge Road
>> Aurora, IL 60504
>> 630-375-3707
>> “In the nonstop tsunami of global information, librarians provide us with
>> floaties and teach us to swim.”
>> ― Linton Weeks<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1498146.Linton_Weeks>

> *Mrs. Lura O'Phelan*
> *District Library Coordinator*
> *Skokie/Morton Grove School District 69*
> *5100 Madison St.*
> *Skokie, IL 60077*
> *(847)675-3048 x1161 <%28847%29675-3048%20x1161>*

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly
immediately delete this message and any attachments.