[ISLMA-Share] Nonfiction Titles

Wed May 18 09:27:23 CDT 2016

I just purchased the series, *Totally Gross History*.  It is so
interesting.  We got the ones on Ancient Civilizations for 6th grade
curriculum. And the series, *Did Anything Good Come Out of..*.. The Cold
War, the Great Depression..etc. These series are both put out by Rosen.
Very engaging!

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 8:55 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hello! I sent out an email asking teachers which topics we could use new
> nonfiction books about. They sent me back a long list with a broad range of
> topics.
> Wanted to ask if anyone knows any amazing must have books about any of
> these topics!
> Some topics seem to lend themselves more to fiction so fiction book
> suggestions are ok as well!
>
> American Revolution
> Battles of the American Revolution
> Famous people of the American Revolution
> French and Indian War
> Stars
> Mass
> Matter~ chemical reactions
> Ecosystems
> Precipitation
> Motion and Stability
> Maps
> Plants
> Rain Forest
> Presidents for 1st grade
> Communities
> The 20's (United States)
> Invasive Species
> Chemical Elements
> Animal Adaptations
> Adventurers
> The Unexpected
> Meeting Challenges
> Doing the Right Thing
> Inventors and Artists
> Adapting
> Risk-taking (aka climbing Everest or sailing the world)
> Holocaust
> Anything gross, deadly, puke-inducing, etc. (From a Jr. High teacher) :)
>

> Heather Kochan
> Hkochan at hsd36.org

*Kelly Cook*
Library Media Director
Rotolo Middle School
Batavia, Illinois 60510
630-937-8707
kelly.cook at bps101.net

“One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by.”
― Jeannette Walls
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3275.Jeannette_Walls>, The Glass
Castle <http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2944133>

*Currently Reading:  Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan*