[ISLMA-Share] New posting advice

Mon May 23 14:15:21 CDT 2016

I've searched here but I haven't found the instructions for posting
something for others to respond to, would you mind sharing or resharing
that information?  Thanks!

Chuck Atteberry
Roanoke-Benson High School

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Dear ISLMA-Share users
>
> Some of you might have received a message about excessive bounces
> happening to your postings to the new list.  I realize this can be so
> frustrating.
>
> Yahoo, Comcast, Hotmail, and several other email providers have configured
> their systems to reject messages with one of their addresses in the "from"
> field that aren't sent from their servers. This causes problems for mailing
> lists that post messages "from" the sender.
>
> Changes have been made to the ISLMA list to have messages “from” the list
> instead of from the sender, which is the only workaround we have at the
> moment. However, if a sender doesn’t include a signature on their email, no
> one will know who sent the message.
>

> To get around this problem we are asking all of our subscribers to include
> a signature with the following in every post and reply they make to the
> list:
> Your name
> Your email address
> Your affiliation/title
>
> Thanks for taking the time to establish a signature if you haven't already.
>
> Becky Robinson, List Administrator
>
> ISLMA Executive Secretary
> P.O. Box 1326
> Galesburg, IL  61402
> 309-341-1099
> brobinson15 at gmail.com

Chuck Atteberry
Roanoke-Benson High School

"Work with the living and bring the dead to life."  -author unknown