[ISLMA-Share] Middle School writers workshop

Mon May 23 14:51:30 CDT 2016

Hi All,

We've done writer workshop session as part of author visits the last few
years. We have had the authors do large group assemblies and then smaller
group writing workshops. Usually interested students have had to complete
an application to attend just due to numbers and availability.

We had both Neal Shusterman and Jordan Sonnenblick lead writing workshops.
Both were well received by students.

Erin

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Has anyone ever had an author come in to do a writer's workshop with
> middle schoolers? Looking for recommendations...
>
> I am not sure if I want to do it with an entire grade throughout the day
> or with just a select group of students.  Suggestions?
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> Amy Hamernick
> Teacher Librarian
> Century Jr. High
> @AhamernickCJH
> #CenturyWildcats
>

> "If we always do what we've always done,
> we will get what we've always got."
> ~Adam Urbanski~

Erin Wyatt, Ph.D.
Learning Center Director