[ISLMA-Share] Using YA Lit across Disciplines

Mon Nov 7 09:09:11 CST 2016

Good Morning All,

A big shout-out to ISLMA for hosting a great conference in Tinley Park this last weekend. Everything was awesome!

For those of you who attended our session on Friday morning--Read, Think, SPEAK: Using and Leveraging YA Lit across High School Disciplines, I have updated the Google Doc with the additional recommendations you shared during our presentation. Those and all of the titles collected from high schools across the state can be found at the link below on the "More Resources" page.

bit.ly/LeveragingYALit<http://gzaitze.wixsite.com/leveragingyalit>

Also I forgot to mention the resource below. It is listed on our Literature review page, but I wanted to add a pug for the book as a convenient way to make connections between YA Literature and curriculum.

Wadham, Rachel L., and Terrell A. Young. Integrating Children's Literature Through The Common Core State Standards. Santa Barbara, CA: Libraries Unlimited, 2015.

Thanks for attending. Your enthusiasm for the topic helped make the presentation really fun.

 Gretchen Zaitzeff & Jeff Wollenweber