[ISLMA-Share] High School Libraries: Lunch Students

Tue Nov 8 13:18:09 CST 2016

We used to allow food, but soon found ourselves becoming the remote
cafeteria...needing to get bigger garbage cans and spending our midday
wiping down tables. Not fun. Since, we have gone to the no trays and no
evidence when you leave and we are much happier. (OK to sneak in a bag of
chips or sandwich.)

Leah Krippner
Librarian, Harlem High School
I am currently reading *I'll Give You the Sun* by Jandy Nelson

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 1:06 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Good Afternoon,
>
> If you allow lunch students to eat in your library, or have in the past
> and reverted back to not allowing food, I am interested in hearing about
> your rules and experiences. Thank you in advance.
>

> --
> *Jennifer Brady*
> Library Director
> West Chicago Community High School
> 326 Joliet Street
> West Chicago, IL
> 630-876-640*0*
> jbrady at d94.org

This email was sent by a staff member of Harlem Consolidated School
District 122.