[ISLMA-Share] Suggestion for book club

Wed Nov 9 12:05:29 CST 2016

*The Giver*
I haven't read it in a while, but I don't remember too much violence in *The
Testing *by Charbonneau

*Peace,*

*Coni Stracner Teacher Librarian @SMS *
*​*
*​I am reading: ​*
*Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo*
*I just finished reading: *
*​*
*All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr​*
*​*
*I am listening to: ​​Dumplin' by Julie Murphy*
*Ask me about these books!*

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l_dy8wzZuE&authuser=0
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l_dy8wzZuE&authuser=0> *

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Dear All,
> I am looking for a book like Among the Hidden that is dystopia-like but
> without the violence like The Hunger Games to The Compound.  I have a group
> of sixth graders who want something similar, but I have some very
> conservative parents.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Kathy Wickline
> Unity Junior High Librarian
> Tolono, IL
> wicklinek at unity.k12.il.us
>
> Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ujhslibrary

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email
transmission is confidential information which may contain information that
is privileged. The information is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity named above. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail
or any attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other
person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any
action in reliance on the contents of this email transmission is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email transmission in error, please
return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although
we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee
that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage from
viruses.