[ISLMA-Share] Free Online Presentation/Collaboration tool needed for tomorrow

Tue Nov 15 06:58:39 CST 2016

For the record, here are the suggestions I was sent.  I'm sharing in case anyone else finds themselves with the same need.

I will be using Twiddla.com.  It allows sharing space, including the ability for me to post links and for those in attendance to ask questions.  It also provides collaborative space for brainstorming.

Also, for simplicity, REALLY like todaysmeet.com.  It just allows a place for posting URLs and commenting or questioning.

Screenleap looked good, but doesn't seem to have the interactive parts I wanted.  It is just for screensharing.

Peardeck.com is interesting, but a bit more complicated to learn.  I'm a last minute girl, here...  but if I had a couple days this looks wonderful.  It will allow the presentation slides AND interaction opportunities.

Also Google Classrooms has extensions that were suggested to me.  I'd check them out with more time, too.  Tone (users have to have it, too) and Push.  Push and Google Classroom would probably do what I want, but I'm sticking to simple for the moment.

Also looked at:  Kahoot, Socrative, Qizziz, and NearPod

Marcia Brandt

Emeritus Director of K-8 Library Media Services

Herscher CUSD#2

501 North Main, Herscher, IL  60941

brandtm at hcusd2.org<mailto:brandtm at hcusd2.org>

Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.
-Neil Gaiman

Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries.
-Anne Herbert

What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it feels about education.
-Harold Howe