[ISLMA-Share] Literacy Centers in High Schools

Thu Oct 6 10:38:29 CDT 2016

Gail,
We have literacy centers at Niles North and Niles West. They are places
students can go to to receive help in any of the core subject areas.
Teachers can also request student tutors in their classrooms. It is staffed
by teachers and by student tutors. The Library and The Point (North
literacy center) are located across from each other in a hallway with other
student support services, so students often go back and forth between The
Point and the Library, depending on what resources they need. HERE
<https://sites.google.com/a/d219.org/the-point/> is the link to The Point's
website for more information. It is an amazing resource for students and
staff.
Bev

Beverly Zbinden
Teacher / Library Coordinator
Niles North High School
9800 N. Lawler Avenue
Skokie, IL 60077
(847)626-2183

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks
about education."
  - Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library