[ISLMA-Share] 'escape room' library lesson

Fri Oct 14 14:59:56 CDT 2016

I created a Breakout Lesson on Dewey for Sophomore Orientation.  I made my
own wooden boxes over the summer and my school purchased the locks/other
materials.  It was a huge success, but was a little cumbersome to plan.
Below are links to all my materials (I think my QR codes have expired
though).  If you have questions, please feel free to email me at my school
address: sdevincentis at csd99.org.

Lesson
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h9imKf-zW6HF6fyQV6u8ThNpQcBMA9aEIpUSVC_UVuM/edit?usp=sharing>
Cipher Clues
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B80_TnxweSVuNnZ6T1I4c1dMZm8/view?usp=sharing>
Dewey Pic
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B80_TnxweSVuMV9WUGxHQldfQ1k/view?usp=sharing>
Library Map
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B80_TnxweSVudlh6c3daSURtOWM/view?usp=sharing>
QR Clues
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B80_TnxweSVud3c1ZDRwR0R5UFE/view?usp=sharing>

*Stephanie

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Anyone done a lesson in your library that's like an 'escape room' where
> people have to solve clues to 'get out'?  A Biology teacher here wants to
> try this second semester as a way to recap the first semester's content and
> while i've recently become aware of the escape room phenomena, i'm still
> not sure how to proceed.  I'd be open to any suggestions in other words!
> Thanks!
> --
> Chuck Atteberry
> Roanoke-Benson High School
>
> "Work with the living and bring the dead to life."  -author unknown

Stephanie DeVincentis
stephanie.devincentis at gmail.com