[ISLMA-Share] Technology Books

Mon Oct 17 14:15:44 CDT 2016

*Need* by Joelle Charbonneau was a hit in our library last year.

>From the author's website:

*"THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A WANT AND A NEED. WHAT DO YOU NEED?*

*One by one, the teens in Nottawa, Wisconsin join the newest, hottest
networking site and answer one question: What do you need? A new iPhone?
Backstage tickets to a concert? In exchange for a seemingly minor task, the
NEED site will fulfill your request. Everyone is doing it. So why shouldn't
you?*

*Kaylee Dunham knows what she needs --a kidney for her sick brother. She
doesn’t believe a social networking site can help, but it couldn’t hurt to
try.*

*Or could it?*

*After making her request, Kaylee starts to realize the price that will
have to be paid for her need to be met. The demands the site makes on users
in exchange for their desires are escalating and so is the body count. Will
Kaylee be able to unravel the mystery of who created the NEED network—and
pull the plug before it destroys them all?"*

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library