[ISLMA-Share] Books in HS Classes

Wed Oct 19 09:11:52 CDT 2016

Mostly in science/anatomy:
The Childrens' Blizzard by David Laskin
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
The Double Helix  : a personal account of the discovery of the structure of
DNA  by James D. Watson.
The Elements by Theodore Gray
American Prometheus : the triumph and tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer by
Kai Bird and Martin Sherman
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Peeps by Scott Westerfeld

World History:
A Cabinet of Greek Curiosities by J. C. McKeown

Child Care:
A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer

Psychology/Sociology: We use novels and nonfiction to look at social
issues, but the ones most commonly requested are:
A Child Called It
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
A Bad Boy Can Be Good for a Girl by Tanya Stoner (Choices/Consequences)
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
The Pregnancy Project by Gabi Rodriguez
Beyond Magenta by Susan Kuklin

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 8:25 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> All,
>

> I posted this late last week, but thought that I would repost today. My
> question is: what books, if any, are being read in your high schools
> outside of English classes? For instance, *The Martian *in math or
> science. If none, please reply the same.
>

> Thanks for your help,
>
> Gretchen Zaitzeff
> University High School
> Normal, IL